A blog about art, music, personal development, entertainment and more...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Art is my life


Wha' Up?
Let me tell ya what art means to me. Art is my life. Without art in my life I'd be truly lost, for it has always been a constant in my life and there for me. Art has a being of its own, it just seems to always be around. We artist love blank paper, it begs us to fill it with designs, illustration and the like. I have always had an attraction for blank surfaces. Remember, it is the artist(creator) that takes an idea an makes it visible for all to see. We artist are the creative sources, we live in the idea world and try to bring forth those ideas to the physical world. We see the light, the colors, the arrangement of objects in our mind's eye and then attempt to translate that into physical forms. It is such a great experience to be able to do this, I wish others could experience what I do when producing artwork. The feelings that accompany the creation of art cannot be described. Ask an artist how he or she does it and they will pause - they can't explain how they do it. When I create a painting colors, shapes and composition just seems to be there. I've never felt comfotable trying to explain where it comes from; I don't know. Yes, I do agree we artist are special people, but we aren't X-Men. Well, at least I don't think so. Talk to you guys and guls later.

No comments: