A blog about art, music, personal development, entertainment and more...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This White Man Can Sing: Robin Thicke


This young man had me fooled when I first heard him. I said, "This is a WHITE man?". I can usually sense the race of a singer from a few notes...Robin Thicke completely fooled me. A word of advice: Robin focus on you own style, on the way you want to sing. Forget about "sounding black". You truly can stand on your own and still sell cds. You have a good, natural voice - just let it sing. I'm hard to please but your current single is hitting me hard. I'm giving you the stamp of legitimacy. You belong in the music industry. Welcome.


SHARE:
  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I ever remember knowing who RT was was when he was on the Switch remix with Will Smith (don't laugh, but that album had some decent tracks on there).

Anyway, like you, I imagined him much differently than he is.

But anyway, I love him, his album was very nice and he's one of my future husbands/baby daddies. LOL

Glendell-The Art Master said...

Well, I guess you said it all. Robin, count her in. You got another one.

Mizrepresent said...

First of all, thanks for visiting my blog and for the encouraging and uplifting words. Next - i love me some Robin Thicke and as long as he keeps putting it down, i will be listening.

Glendell-The Art Master said...

Thank you Mizrepresent, and yes, I always try to bring some sunshine in. I knew my words would help. Now...my man, Thicke, is doing his thing, and he is speaking to the ladies, I like that. I just want him to focus on himself and only himself vocally. Be totally unique. Yeah, I ask for a lot out of a singer.